Tuesday, August 3, 2010

in it to gym it baby

i will be the first to admit that i'm always late when it comes to new things.

the latest fall fashions? they finally find my closest in late december. the latest hit show? they find their way into my netflix queue right before the second season starts. the latest internet craze? i jump on board about four months late. 

my newest thing? in it to gym it 

seriously y'all, it's the shiznit. i've been lurking reading the posts ever since the site went up, but i just now decided to jump in. why am i just now joining? because i'm tired of my fat ass, and this is just the kick in that fat ass that i needed. 

now, i know that every new mom says the same thing. how they need to lose that baby weight, blah, blah, blah. but seriously y'all, i've got a problem. i.... have actually.... *gulp*.... gained weight since having baby butterbean!

i know,i know, i know!

how does this happen!? i'm more on the go now than i was before having her! how has my ass grown so damned much??

the only thing that i can think of is that since i'm always busy, i eat food that can be consumed quickly (read: unhealthy food). poptarts and pudding cups have become my best friends. 

so, after discovering this horrible fact, i decided i needed to do something. i gave up drinking sodas and bought the shred and set my mind to getting rid of that thing behind me that seemed to be doubling itself by the day. i made it through four days. seriously, jillian michaels is trying to kill people with that friggin dvd! and, in the shame of my defeat, i plopped my fat ass down on my couch with a bowl of ice cream and watched every single thing in my dvr.

and then decided that i had to quit. i had to get healthy. i don't want to lose weight to be skinny, because lawd knows that will never happen. i want to lose weight so i can live better. i want to teach baby butterbean about thinking, eating and living healthy, and i can't teach her that unless i'm doing it as well. set an example by being the example, right? i decided to set goals and rewards for myself. if i do the shred for 30 days straight, i'll reward myself. i bought lots of fresh fruits and veggies instead of the good tasting stuff unhealthy crap. i've even tossed around the idea of going vegan for a month like shine did just a few months ago.

i've been doing the shred for a week now and haven't skipped a day yet. is it kicking my ass? abso-friggin-lutely! am i giving up yet? not at all. basically, in it to gym it is going to help me keep it all together. i have someone to share my progress with. it's going to keep me on track simply because i'll have others reading my achievements, or (hopefully not!) my failures.

i am completely, totally, 100% in it to gym it.

3 comments:

B said...

I'm so there to support you! I could use to get myself to a gym/exercise dvd/put down the mexican food myself!

YAY! Go you!

mylittlebecky said...

Not that, you know, I've ever had a kid or anything but being busy always has either the effect of eating junk or eating nothing at all. Both silly. I wish life could be more smooth, ya know?

Chrisy Bates said...

Good luck! Can't wait to follow your journey via blog post!

Pin It button on image hover