Monday, August 16, 2010

under where?




panties, underwear, underoos, knickers. there any many different names for what i want to talk about today.

alright, i know this is an odd topic, but i've got a reason. stick with me folks.

my long time friend s and her husband were visiting us this weekend. i always love when they come to visit because you can bet there will be plenty of alcohol and funny moments. we can talk about anything in the world, and i've got more inside jokes with that girl than i do with anyone else.

anyvajazzle, at one point over the three days they were here, she and i somehow got on the topic of underwear. basically, (tmi?) she couldn't believe that i still wore thongs. since when does a married 24 year old not wear thongs? well, apparently, there's a popular belief that they're only for teenagers, single, younger 20-somethings, or strippers. and i am not ok with this.

don't get me wrong, i rock the boy shorts, but only at home or while sleeping. when i leave the house i have a strict no vpl rule.

but why does the blessed thong suddenly have such a tarnished name?? i remember a time when they were all the rage. when women sang their praise from rooftops. ok, so maybe not rooftops, but you get the idea. so i'm asking you, oh faithful readers, why all the hatred for your one time best friend? what has the thong done to you? am i wrong, are there some women who still love them? and what is your underwear of choice?

6 comments:

Melly said...

I still wear them if I'm going to have vpl. I mean, with jeans you're safe and I wear cords and they're safe too, but with a dress pant.. always thong.

B said...

Still wear them every single day....and I've got nearly two years on you, friend. Though I'm not married, so....

mylittlebecky said...

i don't wear thongs every single day but i do wear them. is there some sort of mommy underwear code you have to sign?

Collins said...

not married but love thongs. love. :)

Chrisy Bates said...

Well, I am considerably older than you....and I too hate VPL, so I have been known (more peple know now) to wear thongs from time to time, so, there! I admit it! #noshameinourgame!!

Butterbean said...

ok thank gawd i'm not the only one sporting the thong!! apparently my friend was ill informed!!

and no, becky, there is no mommy underwear code, so you have nothing to worry about when chuck finally decides to give you a baby! (which is soon, right?)

Pin It button on image hover