Tuesday, October 26, 2010

six days of boo

aaaand it's time for our second installment of the halloweenie posts.

day of boo number two

first of all, i should apologize if this post is a little out there. i broke a tooth a little while ago, so i took a pain pill before i started writing. don't judge me dammit, pregnancy really kicked me in the teeth. literally. i had perfect teeth before, and now? horrible.

but i digress.

 back to day two of the boo

let's talk favorite halloween movies, shall we?

now, i have a confession,.... i'm a big ol' baby, y'all. i can't watch a scary movie by myself. i can't even watch ghost hunters alone. but that's not my only confession. i can't watch a scary movie without a blanket so i can hide my face when a really scary part comes on. i know, i'm pathetic.

but i do love scary movies. i love the adrenaline high that you get from watching them. i'm quite the adrenaline junkie, ya know. ok, that's not true, i would be an adrenaline junkie if i wasn't such a scaredy cat.

anyvajazzle, why do i keep getting sidetracked? back to the topic at hand, my top five favorite halloween movies.

5) jeepers creepers


i love this movie. partly because it scares the crap out of me, but mostly because i love me some justin long. even though he gets his skin peeled off. poor guy.

4) the skeleton key


ohmygawdohmygawdohmygawd i love this movie! i randomly search my tv guide a few times a month to see when it's coming on. it's got everything a scary movie should have. plus, it's set in the swamps of louisiana, and everyone knows how much i love the cajun life!

3) the children of the corn


i can't drive past a cornfield without hyperventilating just a bit. that's all i have to say about that.

2) practical magic 


not all of my favorites are scary. this has a bit of suspense plus it's a great love story. and i absolutely adore sandra bullock. 

1) hocus pocus


this is my all time favorite halloween movie. we watch it every year with a big ol' bowl of popcorn candy corn. i've loved sarah jessica parker since the girls just want to have fun days, and bette midler is absolutely hilarious! 

so, that's it. my top five halloween movies. what about y'all? what are your faves? do you have a certain one you watch every year?

5 comments:

B said...

I'm right there with you on Hocus Pocus - love it! LOVE IT! It's definitely a cult classic.

Confession time for me: I haven't seen any of the other movies above because I, too, am a giant weenie.

Side note: is that seriously Nicole Kidman? Wow.

Butterbean said...

b - seriously!? you haven't seen *any* of the others? you have to at least see practical magic. and yes, that's really nicole kidman! and the skeleton key isn't so bad, it's more suspenseful than frightening.

Liz said...

I'm too chicken to watch anything scary! But I'll try the suspenseful practical magic one...maybe :)

Butterbean said...

liz - you should definitely check it out, it really is a good movie!

Melissa (A Gracious Calm) said...

I've seen all those movies and except Children of the Corn (I don't remember it) LOVE them all!

Pin It button on image hover