Friday, November 12, 2010

cupcakes with ks

Hello to the hive!
And yes, I have decided that if you follow my girl’s blog,
you are now part of the hive!

Moving on…
Let me introduce myself.
I’m ~KS from While We’re Waiting.
And when Miss Butterbean asked me to stop by and talk about birthdays…
I had to really think about it.
I mean…
talking about cupcakes, and balloons, and presents…
My favorite things?
Sounded a little rough.
But I sucked it up and here I am.

So…
Birthdays.
In the past few years…
I have taken to celebrating birthday months.
Cuz really…
Just one day to celebrate the fact that the people I love most are a part of this world…
Well, it’s just not enough.
Life moves too damn fast as it is…
So I like to slow down and celebrate the good stuff in a big way.

The celebrations must include treats.



I always buy myself a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.

Last year…
Despite the fact it was twenty degress below zero,
My cake got a bit… disfigured.



I’m also a big fan of birthday cupcakes…
So any birthday celebration that’s worth anything will have at least a couple dozen of these!


A proper birthday must also have balloons…


A crap ton of balloons to be a bit more specific.

don’t know what it is about balloons…
But to me,
They’re synonymous with happiness.


Hmmm…
So what if we combined cupcakes and balloons?
Kinda perfect.
But I disgress.

And of course,
PRESENTS!

Ideally…
Mountains of them!

And while the presents themselves are fabulous,
I actually enjoy wrapping them the most.
But this is just what I imagine when I conjure up the most epic birthday celebration of all time in my mind.
But as much as I might have made it seem as if this post was all about me…
It’s not.


It’s about our birthday butterbean!
So however you spend your day my sweet friend,
I hope it’s everything you could dream of and more.
It’s your day…
The day you buzzed into this world and made it better by just being you.
And that is definitely something worth celebrating!

5 comments:

~KS said...

Hooray for birthday posts!!!! Happy last Friday you'll ever be this age because it's almost your birthday day!!!

andygirl said...

I love cupcakes! my last birthday, my roommate made me cupcakes. :D

By Word of Mouth said...

Good Lord Woman, its amazing you find time to be my Twitter friend :)
Funny read you guestposted over at Crazy with a side of awesome sauce you funny girl, read with my morning java fix, no morning sex here - have some for me! Thanx for the Babble shout out last night btw, this trying to get votes is going to have people running for the hills instead of reading my blog ... or maybe they are just too busy having sexytime :)
Have a great one!

By Word of Mouth said...

Your Google is not allowing followers .... heading to beach, will try again when i get back :)

By Word of Mouth said...

done!

Pin It button on image hover