Thursday, December 16, 2010

How The Hell Do They Do It

Lately I've spent a lot of time thinking about this whole "unplugging" thing that everyone seems to do every now and then. Mostly because the hubs has been bitching about how much time I spend reading blogs and tweeting scanning the CNN website. He says we don't "spend any time together" and that I should "put down the laptop and watch Criminal Minds." Apparently sitting on opposite ends of the couch and silently watching tv is spending time together and if I have my nose stuck in the laptop I'm messing it up. Whatevs. He just doesn't get that I can blog, tweet, watch tv, eat hot wings, drink wine, and converse with him, all at the same time. I'm a mom, dude, I can multi-task like no one's business.

Anyvajazzle, like I said, it's really had me thinking about taking an hour or two a day and stepping away from anything technological. Just to, you know, re-group, or whatever.

And then? I realized I was talking all crazy and that I should probably see someone for that.

There's no way on God's green earth that I could do that. I would have withdraws after the first 30 minutes!! I mean, I could go a day or two without reading any blogs, but go without twitter? Not a snowball's chance in hell. My iphone is pretty much attached to my hand, and I'm checking twitter at least every 15 minutes. I have to stay in the know. I'm not 100% sure what I did before I twitter came into my life.

So, until scientists can find some way to filter tweets straight from the site into my brain, you can bet your ass that I won't be "unplugging" from it anytime soon!

Now I'm off to check twitter, I haven't refreshed it in seven minutes and I've probably missed some pretty important tweets! 

3 comments:

Jen said...

I doubt I could unplug either. However, I am getting rid of the cable. 900 channels and not shit to watch anyway. I consider my unplugging when I do something domestic. Cook, clean, laundry, etc.

Ms. Salti said...

I feel the same way, although, Facebook is my drug of choice!

andygirl said...

I took a blogcation for a whole week once! it was lovely.

best way to vacay from twitter: go to a movie. like, in a theater. :)

Pin It button on image hover