Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolve This

Hi guys! I haven't seen y'all since last year! Get it!? Ba-dum-cha! Now that we've established that I'm a loser, let's move on, shall we? How was your New Year's Eve? I hope everyone was safe and no one ended up in jail. Our NYE went off without a hitch. Mostly because the hubs was out by 10 and I followed him around 11:30. Wild night, huh? 

Anyvajazzle, Saturday morning found me sitting on the couch, with a mug of hot chocolate, contemplating a ton of things. I was reflecting back on what the last year had handed me, and how many possibilities the next year had in store. 2011 was fresh, clean and shiny. And, maybe it's cliche, but I felt like I needed a change. I felt like I needed to do things differently this year. I'm 25, a quarter of my life is over, and it seems like things have shifted, and I'm really about to start living my life. So, I started making a list. Not so much a list of resolutions, just a list of goals, and things that I wanted to make happen this year. 

First up was my appearance. I've been back and forth lately on what I wanted to do with my hair. I was a blonde, and I was thinking about going darker, but I was scared it was going to look horrible. Well, yesterday I said screw it, and took the plunge. I am now a sassy brunette with a small side of strawberry blonde highlights. And I love it! Plus I did it myself, with my cousin's help, so instead of my normal price tag of at least $100, I got these luscious locks for a dazzling $16.75. Much better. I'm also planning a cut, but that takes a bit more research. And, I've spent today going through my closest and getting rid of anything that doesn't fit, or that I don't love. I also won't be buying any clothes that I don't absolutely adore or that don't fit me perfectly. 

Next on the list was my health. I want to start eating healthier, and getting more exercising. We've got a Wii Fit and it hasn't been used in who knows how long. Plus, Baby Butterbean loves for me to take her on walks, so I have no excuse not to be doing so. 

Next up is spending more time with my friends. It's insane how many times I had to cancel plans during 2010. Luckily, most of my friends have been really understanding and have stuck by me. So now, is my time to step up to the plate and show them how great they are. I will brunch more, drink more, and laugh more with my friends in 2011. For sure. 

Then, there's this whole blogging business. Listen guys, y'all are great for sticking around even when I went weeks without writing anything. Y'all still came back to see me whenever you saw a new post of mine in your reader. And I love each of you for that. I want to try and blog more. I know I've said that before, but this time, I'm going to try harder. I'm going to try and comment more on the blogs that I read as well. Just over all, be a better social media user. Plain and simple. 

Lastly is my career. Now, right now, you may be thinking, "what career!?" and let me just say, right now, you're right, there is no career. And that's what I want to change. I've always been fascinated by two things, broadcasting and PR. Both of which I feel I'd be really good at. So, this year, I plan on pursuing a career. I'm going to decide what I want to do, and go for it. I will check into going back to college, and make it happen. 

Overall, I plan on making 2011 the year that things change. The wheels have been kicked into gear, and I'm ready to get this ball rolling. By this time next year, we will see just how much I've accomplished, and hopefully, it's quite a bit!

So what about y'all? Did you make any resolutions? Are any of you changing your lives this year?

4 comments:

Jen said...

http://expectingapeanut.blogspot.com/2010/12/year-in-review.html

I wrote about my resolutions, or lack of resolutions. But so far? 2011 has rocked my socks.

Melissa (A Gracious Calm) said...

Good luck with all your goals. :) My goal is to knit more and sleep more this year. Haha.

B said...

Woot woot! I like the sound of this, my friend. Particularly brunching more and drinking more. Uh, I mean, particularly you rocking 2011!

Here's to an awesome year ahead!

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

I think broadcasting would be really exciting - but having to be on camera would bother me - who am I kidding???!! I would love it :)

Pin It button on image hover