Monday, February 21, 2011

For the Babes

Hello Lovahs!

I'm hoping you all had wonderful, love filled Valentine's Days! I have been a busy bee over here in my world, so I haven't been writing, but you can bet I've been lurking reading all of your blogs!

Anyvajazzle, I wanted to drop in for a minute and tell y'all about something that is near and dear to my heart.

When Baby Butterbean was a week old, she was admitted into the NICU. The reason was because she had had a little trouble breathing, and they wanted to monitor her a bit, but mostly because of her jaundice. We were lucky enough to only stay for two nights. But even just those two nights were the some of the most hectic nights I've ever experienced. To see my little baby girl in a place like that, absolutely broke my heart. 

But what broke it even more was the fact that there were children there who had been there for not just days, but weeks, and even months. Their doors and walls were decorated with pictures of their families, and pictures that their siblings had drawn for them. They laid in beds with tubs all around them and machines making noises all night long. It made me realize just how lucky I was that we were only there for something minor, and that I had a beautiful and healthy little girl.

It's been over a year since she's been there, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. I'll never forget the sounds, the smell, or the teeny tiny cries from the ones who were strong enough to even let out a cry.

Last year, my bloggie friend B and I teamed up to raise money for March of Dimes by participating in the March for Babies. We had such a good time, and I really felt like I was able to help, even if it was just a tiny amount. So, when the time came around to sign up for this year's walk, I knew that Baby Butterbean and I would be there. This is the point where I ask for your help. I've set a small goal of $200, and I'd really like to meet it, and, if possible, surpass it. So, I'm asking y'all, my wonderful bloggie friends, to help me. Donate, if you can, if not, then help me spread the word. Blog about it, tweet about it (@ me in your tweet, @ohheyitsj), just help me get the word out there. This is the link to my personal donation page, or you can click the badge to head straight over there. You can also add the badge to your blog, if you'd like.




Thanks so much guys! I'm so excited about this year's walk, and I can't wait to tell y'all all about it!

2 comments:

Ms. Salti said...

Awesome! I didn't do the walk last year, but did it the two years before that with my BFF. It's fun to get out for a good cause! Good luck with your fundraising!

J said...

Thank you! We had such a good time last year, I'm sure we'll end up doing it from here on out!

Pin It button on image hover