Thursday, February 3, 2011

In the Words of The Fresh Prince, Mind Ya Business

First of all, please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers this:


He-larry-ous.

Anyvajazzle, on to what this post is really about.....

Friends, we have a spy among us. Someone is reading my blog and blabbing my business to other people. And by other people, I mean my family. Now, here's the thing, I'm not ashamed of my blog. My mom and the hubs both know about my little corner of the interwebz. But, I consider this to be my sanctuary. This is my safe haven, the place where I can escape my world, if only for a minute, to clear my head. And honestly, I don't care who sees this blog. But what bothers me is when someone uses something of mine against me. When someone twists something that I've said or done and distorts it to where it makes me look bad.

Anyone who reads my blog can read all about my night out on the town  last Saturday night. I have nothing to hide. I went out without the hubs because he was working. But he knew where I was going and who I was with. I talked to him quite a bit that night. My mom babysat Baby Butterbean for me, so she knows everything as well. Basically, some people have been led to believe that I was out whoring around. Or something of the sort.

Let it be known that at least a dozen people can vouch for my actions that night. 

Here's what I'm getting at. I don't like gossip. I don't like people gossiping about other people for their own personal wealth. But, if you're going to do it, talk about something worth talking about. Don't make up shit. And damn sure don't hide behind it. If you have something to say about someone, let it be known that you're saying it. 

I'm fairly certain that anyone who has any interest in my blog is a grown ass adult. So act like one. This is not high school, this is the real world. Have a little self respect and stop trying to make others look bad. It's really no one's business what I do except for myself and my husband. I live my own life, pay my own bills, and mind my own damned business. And everyone else should as well. Because before you go throwing stones, maybe you should look around at your glass house.

5 comments:

andygirl said...

oh that's just WRONG! (said like Will)

yes, I love the Fresh Prince too. and I can do the Carlton. awyeah.

Melissa (A Gracious Calm) said...

Oh I remember that scene!!

Some people have nothing better to do than just talk trash about things they know nothing about. Unfortunately, sometimes they're masquerading around as friends and family.. *sigh*

Matt Lents said...

Same thing happened to me, and it was my own family!

Ms. Salti said...

Amen, sister!

J said...

Andy - I now want to meet you. Just to see you do the Carlton.

Melissa - Isn't that sad? What's the point in talking trash about people!?

Matt - This was a family member that did this, so I know exactly how you feel!!

Ms. Salti - Don't you love it when I preach!? ;)

Pin It button on image hover