Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Trend Watch Tuesday

Welcome to our second edition of Trend Watch Tuesday! This next lady has great style (duh!) and one of the most adorable dogs I've ever seen. She's insanely sweet, and always looks amazing. She knows how to accessorize like no one else, and she's incredibly funny! She's on the twit, and has a wonderful blog. So, after reading her TWT post, head over and give her some love. Ladies and gents, help me welcome, Katie.

When J asked me if I'd like to be part of Trend Watch Tuesday I was so excited and immediately agreed. Thank you so much for asking me to be a part of this, J!

I started blogging to have a place solely dedicated to my fashion and beauty obsession. I figured most of the people in my life were tired of hearing me talk about it. They probably were. Blogging about it hasn't deterred me from talking about it all the time. Oh well. It was a good idea in theory. Not only did it not stop my incessant talk of fashion, but pretty much all other aspects of my life have found their way into the blog at one point or another. Looking at it that way, it could seem like my blog is a bit of a mess and I have no idea what I'm doing with it, or in life. That's partially true. I'm not going to say which part.


What I've always loved about fashion and beauty is that there is something for everyone. You can find your own style, you can find a way to express yourself, you can do this a million different ways, in any city in any country, and on any budget. It's universal. It's for everyone. For the most part I'd say I have a laid back, potentially over accessorized style. I love my accessories. Bags, jewelry, sunglasses, scarves - I love it all. You can be wearing the most basic outfit but throw on a couple of accessories and you've got a whole new look. It allows you to constantly reinvent your wardrobe.


What I love about blogging is that it's such an interactive community. As much as I love reading magazines, and watching TV shows and movies, those experiences are very one sided. When you're a blogger, you write a post and get comments and feedback. You read other posts and get to post your comments and feedback. There's Twitter, and Facebook, e-mail, and every other social medium most of us are using. It's like a big, constant, ongoing conversation - and I absolutely love it.


Some days my life might feel like an unorganized mess, but I'm glad I have my blog and all my blogging buddies who are there as I document all the craziness. I wouldn't have it any other way.

6 comments:

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

So happy to see Katie featured. She's great!

Melissa (A Gracious Calm) said...

I LOVE the first shirt, so great! And those boots are fantastic!

~KS said...

Style indeed!! Wowsa! Wish I looked that fab once I got dressed :)

Katie said...

Thanks so much for featuring me!

Laura said...

Yay! I love Katie's blog, of course for her fashion sense, but mostly for her voice. She really stands out in the blogosphere as a strong confident woman. Great feature and very cute blog :)

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

What a doll!

Pin It button on image hover