Monday, May 9, 2011

Mommy Moments

Happy Monday Lovers!

I'm a little late to the game, but I'm so excited to be hosting the May Mom Blog Tour today!

Basically, instead of celebrating moms for just one day this month, we're celebrating them all month long with a blog tour! There are some really amazing bloggers on this thing, so be sure and follow along. I'll include the link to tomorrow's featured blogger at the end of my post.

Now, we were supposed to write about something "mom related". I tossed around a few ideas for awhile, but settled on writing about my favorite memory from my last 16 months of being a mommy. And then I ran into my writer's block. Mostly because I couldn't pin point my favorite memory. There are far too many to count.

There are also the struggles I faced before I got pregnant. My husband and I tried for a long time, and had almost thrown in the towel.  They were so hard to go through at the time, but I look back now and realize that life turned out the way it was supposed to. All of that time that we tried and failed prepared us for what was coming. It made us so much more thankful when the test came back positive. It reminded me to be thankful when I found myself with my head in the toilet thanks to the never ending morning sickness. It made me completely hysterical with joy the first time I felt my baby kick. And it made my heart break whenever I heard a story about a woman who wasn't able to conceive.

Then came that January day. The day that my world changed. I welcomed my teeny tiny beautiful baby girl into the world. I knew I was ready. Her first cry, the first time she looked at me with her big blue eyes, the first time she wrapped her hand around my finger. This was my reason for living. She was my world.


Then came the "Ohmygah, I've got a baby, what am I supposed to do with this thing!?" phase. Thankfully, that didn't last long. She started sleeping through the night very quickly, and we settled into a pretty comfortable routine. There were a few rough patches, like the time she rolled off of the bed, or the time that I thought she suffocated. But, for the most part, the last 16 months have been a blast.

We've taken trips, spent a lot of time with relatives, and built a wonderful little family. And we've looked so stylish while doing it.


We've celebrated holidays.


We've played in the water.


We've been to zoos.


We had a birthday party.


We've eaten cake.


We've seen cute boys.


We've played at the park.


We've played with chickens.


And we've eaten lots of chocolate.


Bottom line, there isn't one part of motherhood that has been my favorite. It's everything all wrapped together. It's been the wildest ride of my life, and it's only just beginning. And the best part? I wouldn't change it for the world. Cause this girl:


is what makes it all worth while.


Now, be sure and check out The Truthful Mommy tomorrow for her May Mom Blog Tour post!

8 comments:

Corinne O'Flynn said...

What fun! You're right there can't ever be any one thing that makes being a mom so amazing, it is all of it rolled up into one big ball of scaryfabumazing.

Your daughter is beautiful.

MrsPickle said...

LOL Scaryfabumazing describes motherhood to a T Corinne. :)

Great post and wonderful pictures. So glad to have found you on this blog tour!

Christine Marie said...

Oh. Em. Gee. I wanna smoosh that cute wittle face!!!!

smilenwaven said...

Oh my gosh - what a cutie-pie! Great story :)

Jennheffer said...

CUTE PUNKIN FACE!!!

Great post, I loved every bit of it! I agree with everything except for the hard time getting prego, scary opposite for me, tried twice, have 2 kids kinda thing! ;o) I really should rent out my uterus.

Anyhow, LOVE your post and super excited to read more! This May Mom Blog Hop has been sooo awesome!

Kimberly said...

She is absolutely beautiful and I am so happy that you were able to have her. She is a doll. I hope that you enjoyed your mommy's day ;)

Susan said...

Your daughter is "A" dorable!!! You have stunning pictures of her, for sure. Loved the post. It is so nice to meet you through the blog tour!

Oh Honestly Erin said...

This was a perfect summary of motherhood! She is so adorable. :)

Pin It button on image hover