Friday, July 22, 2011

My Texas

If you know anything about me, (which most of you don't) you know that I'm crazy about music. Any kind of music, really. But, I have Texas and Red Dirt music in my veins. The day that I can't hear either of those on my radio is the day that my soul dies.

Now that we're clear just how much I love Texas music, let me introduce you to one of my favorite bands.


I don't think there is a single song that they've released that I haven't loved. Plus? Josh Abbott is kinda sexeh.

He's got that good ol' country boy look

Anyhot, this last Tuesday, their new song, "My Texas", was released on iTunes. Now, I've been waiting for months for this single to come out. I heard a sneak peek awhile back, and I was hooked from the get go. Here, let me show you:
If you aren't hooked after listening to it, you ain't met my Texas yet probably aren't from Texas, and there's a huge chance you've never heard of most of these things. However, I've heard of every one of these things, and, I'm sad to say, there's some that I haven't done. Take away my Texan card, because I can't call myself a real Texan anymore. So, I've decided to fix this. Wanna know what I'm planning on doing?


That's right, folks, I'm making a Texas To Do List! I plan on doing everything listed in this song, plus I'm going to be looking for more awesome things to do here in my great state!

The best part? I'm inviting all of my Texas followers to join me. There's even a button!

The Bee's Knees





Over the next few weeks I'll be putting together a list of things that I want to do, or see, here in this great state. If you're a fellow Texan, and you want to join in, let me know! I definitely want to know what all you've decided to do. Or, if you have an suggestions, leave a comment or drop me an email! And, if you aren't from Texas, I'm really sorry. You should definitely visit one day!

X's and O's!

Update: The code in the grab box wasn't working but it's fixed now!!

7 comments:

Orangies Attic said...

Ha ha! This is excellent! Have you ever seen/heard The Trey Clark Band? Trey is a good friend of mine, and the are AWESOME... they play mostly in Houston, and sometimes in Austin. Here is a link to their FB page... https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Trey-Clark-Band/107624899290705?ref=ts

Heather said...

I LOVE this idea!!! I'm definitely joining in!

Melissa said...

Texas isn't near Canada is it? :P

This is a great idea I think!

Collins said...

Oh, great idea!

Meg O. said...

What a fun idea!!

Beth Brakewood said...

Where's the list?!? I wanna see/know/try! I married a yankee (well, he was raised in CT but he was born while his momma was at Berkley, so I'm not sure what exactly he is, but he ain't a proper good ol' boy) and I lived in HI for a bit (oddly, that place is full of country souls just with a different accent and different music), but I'm Texas, all the way to the bottom of my soul.

And, I know it's not right, but I like ZiegenBock better than Shiner. NOt that I don't love the Shiner...but ZiegenBock baby.

mandell said...

I hear ya on Josh Abbott! "Taste" is one of my favorite's and definietly a sexy song! His music is best heard in Lubbock, TX at the Blue Light though! Abbott always has his guns up!

http://www.namelessfornow1.blogspot.com

Pin It button on image hover