Friday, August 12, 2011

Soak It Up

Well friends, summer is starting to wind down, kids are starting to go back to school, and moms are weaning themselves off of the xanax. And I couldn't be happier. I'm itching for fall to get here. Autumn brings cooler weather, college football, and fair time here in Texas, which just so happens to be my favorite time of year!

But, I have to say, I'm always a little sad to see summer go. I always feel like I didn't spend enough time in the toasty sun, or float the river enough, or drink enough beer with friends. So, I plan on fixing that this year. For the rest of the summer I will grill at least once a week, play in the pool often, and lay out until my skin tingles. We will send this summer out in style. And then we'll bask in the glow of this summer's memories all winter long. And when next summer rolls around, we'll do it all again.

I'm out until Monday, here's a few songs to set the mood for my perfect summer weekend. X's and O's lovahs!



7 comments:

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Ditto!

Melissa said...

Oh my God, LFO. Their lyrics were so bad, but their songs were so damn catchy...

Have a good weekend. :)

Neely said...

bahahaha Jazzy Jeff wow! Love it!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

um yeah, so speaking of the fair...i am thinking i still won't be able to put any weight on my foot when our fair rolls into town. must check the dates out ASAP. i cannot miss the fair. i never miss it! i go to the fair and have to see all the farm animals, make a loop and do some people watching and then i eat so much food i literally make myself sick. if i can't do that this year i will be really sad....
have a great weekend!

Beth Brakewood said...

OMG - I can't believe you pulled out the Fresh Prince & DJ Jazzy Jeff! FANTASTIC! I love those dance moves...makes me think of him explaining dancing to the white guy in that movie Hutch...

I think you're right - we need to enjoy what's left of summer after making it this far. In that spirit, I think I'm heading to the pool tonight when I get home from doing some hard work out in the heat.

Katie said...

I'm so ready for fall! Since I'm not in school anymore, the only thing summer means to me is heat. Haha. Oh, and I love that DJ Jazzy Jeff / Fresh Prince song! :)

Natasha in Oz said...

I am so ready for summer to arrive here in Australia! I normally love winter but this year has been a bad one-it's been unusually cold and the flu virus going around has been really bad. I wish it could be Fall for much longer!

If you have 5 minutes to spare I hope you might be able to pop by blog as I host a weekly Pinning & Singing on the Weekend party which is devoted to all things Pinterest and Music. This post would be a fabulous addition!

Best wishes and happy weekend,
Natasha.

Pin It button on image hover