Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Someone Get Me My Pink Rhinestone Straightjacket

Folks, momma's losing it. This week has made me it's bitch, and it's only Tuesday. I'm stressed out and exhausted from lack of sleep, so I may be slightly delusional. Please keep that in mind while you read the rest of the post.

My child is officially obsessed with Blue's Clues. It's gotten so bad, we even had to buy DVDs for her to watch when it's not playing on Nick Jr. Which has resulted in her wanting to watch Blue's Clues all day long and running around screaming "Due's Cues!" like a banshee. That, my friends, is not the crazy part of this post.


"Due's Cues!!!"


"My Due's Cues"


"That's Due, and Tickety,..."

A few years back, "Steve" left the show, and was replaced by his cousin. Joe, or Larry, or Eugene, or something. Now, to me, this cousin fellow seems a little odd, so we only watch the episodes with Steve in them.


In case you didn't know, this is Steve.

Ok, are you ready for the crazy part? In my stressed, sleep deprived state... I found myself.... thinking Steve.... was kind of.... sexy good looking.

Yes, friends, Steve from Blue's Clues rocks my socks. I'm pathetic.

But, in my defense, he's not always as douchey looking as he is on the show. See?


He's not that bad, right?


Ok, so maybe he is a bit of a douche.

Don't judge me, dammit!! It's not like I can sit around staring at my love, Jake Gyllenhaal all day! He doesn't exactly have any kid friendly movies, so you gotta work with what you got! Let's just hope I don't start getting the hots for DJ Lance Rock.

Gotta go, it's time for the thinking chair!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

Cathy Benavides said...

No worries, I think the same thing. However in my defense, my type has always been tall, skinny, white and nerdy. Don't judge me!

"Say What?" said...

Believe it or not, one day you'll miss "Due's Clues". I sure do. :o)

Heather said...

For starters, I should mention that my brothers are 16 & 9. I've done more than my fair share of Blue Clues- and I don't even have kids!

Second, ewwwww, Steve?! Joe is SO much cuter. That's all.

Chels said...

Aaaahahaha. That's. Awesome. It could be worse. This post could be about The Wiggles. ;)

Laura Wilkerson said...

what the whaaaaaaaa? Steve? oh my i think i shall be watching blues clues again....for the grandbaby of course :)

Mrs. Monologue said...

First off that first picture of her is cuteness overload.

I love Blues Clues. I still sing the mail to myself all the time.

That Steve, he sure is trouble, lol.

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

Bwahaha! Is this what I have to look forward to someday? (I'll take it) She is such a doll!

Amber said...

Joe is cuter, but I like Steve better...

What ever happened to Steve? I think I missed that episode.

Pin It button on image hover