Friday, August 5, 2011

True Life: I'm a General Life Blogger

Happy Friday, lovahs!!

I am so, so, so very excited about today's post! I'm linking up with the wonderful Mrs. Monologues and the lovely Tara from Fabulous But Evil  today for their True Life: I'm a _____ Blogger series!

Here's the rundown: it's an eight week series that features a link up party every Friday. It's basically a way to showcase your blog and let people know what genre your little corner of the internet falls into.

I absolutely adore these girls, so there was no way I could pass up linking up!

Anyway, I figured I'd write a little about myself for any newbies that stumble over this way, or for any of my current followers who want to know more about me! So, let's kick this off, shall we?

I'm J, I'm 25 and I'm a tried and true Texan. I live between Houston and Austin in a little one horse town with The Hubs and our adorable daughter, Baby Butterbean, who has a personality as big as she is.
Spoiled Rotten

We have, what we like to call, a mini farm. We have rabbits, chickens, a rooster, a goose and two ducks. Plus two spoiled dogs, two lazy cats, and a gorgeous Appaloosa horse. I work a few days a week as a bail bondsman, but it's not something I want to do for the rest of my life. The Hubs and I lived in Alabama briefly after we got married, where I picked up a love for anything Bama related (Roll Tide Roll!) but I will always be a Texas girl. I have an ongoing love affair with Red Dirt and Texas music and have quite the gyspy soul. I suffer from a bad case of wanderlust and I'm a perfectionist down to the bone. I'm addicted to anything social media (the twit, the pinterest, the tumblr) and my iPhone is pretty much permanently attached to my hand. I drive like a maniac with my windows rolled down and singing at the top of my lungs.

I've blogged for about two years now, and I'm not the greatest blogger in the world. I don't blog as often as I should, and I'm horrible at commenting on other people's blogs, but I do read them every day, and I'm trying to be a better blogger!

Alright, there you have it, a little info about me. If there's anything else you want to know, just ask!

And, just in case you're wanting more, here's a few of my favorite posts from the past two years:








Alright folks, that's it. That's the story of me. Now, head on over to Tara's or Mrs. Monologues' and check out the other General Life Bloggers!!

15 comments:

Collins said...

So do I need to be on twitter? Seems like everyone is!

Kendra said...

Who doesn't love driving crazy with the windows down and blasting embarrassing music!! ha Love it!

Laura (@mrshappysteak) said...

I grew up with a love for bama football but im a longhorn at heart. My Grandpa lives for BAMA Football so its a fun rival... Nothing is better the Red Dirty Texas Country Music. I'm a newish follower and am looking forward to reading some of your older post.

tara said...

Your daughter is waaay too cute! :) Thanks for linking up!

Mrs. Monologue said...

Butterbean is too cute for words, love her. I am so glad you decided to link up as well.

I am like you, I read blogs but I stink at commenting. Thank god for twitter because then it gets me out of some hot water, lol.

Kate said...

Your daughter is super cute! I'm addicted to social media too...except Facebook. It's boring lately. :) Following, via the link up! Your blog is adorable!

Vicki said...

I'm a new follower! Your daughter is super cute!!! :-)

-Vicki

Domesticated-Bliss said...

Stopping by from the linkup!

Shelley said...

Your daughter is adorable!! Found you through the linkup!

Savanah said...

what a cute little girl! Love the tutu :) And red dirt Texas Country? The best!!!

www.savanahsmiles.com

Sarah Jane said...

That is one adorable little girl. So cute...and your blog is pretty amazing too. I am looking forward to reading more.

-Sarah from livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Found you off the link up! Looking forward to reading your blog!

Heather said...

I want to live with you & all of your animals! How fun.

MARGARITA BLOOM said...

Stopping by from Flip Flop & Pearls! Lovely to meet you! Pretty addicted to social media too!! lol...

erin said...

Loved reading this and learning more about you!

Pin It button on image hover