Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

This past weekend was a very special weekend. It was filled with love and laughter, and we got to spend a lot of time with our family, which is always nice.

On Friday I surprised my sister with dinner for her birthday. I love how excited she gets when we throw a party for her. We went out to eat and had cake and presents, and she even got to dance while the staff were singing to her. I am so very blessed to have such a special sister. She always manages to bring a smile to my face.


The Princess addressing her people.


It took all she had not to tear into the cake the minute it arrived!


Obviously Baby Butterbean was ecstatic about the celebrations!


My beautiful sister and I.

Then, after spending part of the day at work on Saturday, we decided to get out in the heat and blow some bubbles!




Blow!


Blow harder!


Even Aunt Charla got in on the bubble action.





Then we decided that the colored bubbles worked well as a lipstick.


We took it a bit far when we got some up our nose.

Sunday found us at G.G.'s house (my grandmother) where Baby Butterbean ran around getting into everything all day.


But, despite getting into trouble, G.G. and Gran always spoil the kids, so Baby Butterbean was rewarded with giant lollies.


And then she wanted to take silly pictures of herself until it was time to go.

I always love weekends like this. We laugh so much that our bellies hurt, and I always leave feeling closer to my family. I never met my great-grandmother, so I love that Baby Butterbean gets to spend time with her's. My heart just swells with pride every time I see them playing together.

So, now you've seen our weekend, tell me about yours!

6 comments:

Laura Wilkerson said...

Awe looks like loads of fun! My weekends from now till November are loaded with sun baked days at the football fields....needless to say, today I look like a cross between a raccoon and lobster...maybe a lobcoon or racster?
Send Happy birthday wishes to your sister for me!

Cathy Benavides said...

What a fun weekend!! I had planned to do nothing all weekend and recover from the craziness of Austin Fashion Week...... then I remembered that I was doing a 5k on Sunday. So I did a 5k, and man was it HOT!!!

Meg O. said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Glad your sister had such a great birthday party and gotta love bubbles! :) Have a great day!

Christina said...

Looks like a great a great weekend! Happy Birthday to your sister!

We had a very busy weekend. It went by too fast, but don't they always?

Hope you have a great week!
xo

Heather said...

How fun! I'm glad your sister had a good birthday.

Melissa said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday to your sister!!!

Pin It button on image hover