Monday, November 7, 2011

My Messy Moment

If I've learned anything from being a parent, it's that poop happens. It doesn't care what time of day it is, or how cute the outfit that you or your child is wearing, or even if you're out in public. Poop is the honey badger of bodily functions. And trust me when I tell you, I've had my battles with it.

So, when I heard that the SITS Girls were teaming up with Clorox for their Bleach It Away campaign, and wanted to hear about our messiest moments, I knew I had to write a post about mine!

Let me start this by saying, if you're eating, have eaten recently, or have a queasy stomach, this post probably isn't for you. Just head down to my last post, or click the "X" in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Now that that's out of the way, let me take you on my little journey with poop.

We started potty training M about 2 or 3 months ago. Now, we haven't pushed it very hard, so she isn't potty trained fully yet, but she knows when she has to go, she just doesn't want to take the time to go. "Why sit on a toilet when I can just go while I'm standing here?" However, she can't stand the feeling of a dirty or wet diaper, so the minute she's finished, off come the clothes and the diaper. Needless to say, this has led to many messes. The story that I'm about to tell you happened shortly after M started wanting to pull her diapers off.

One bright and sunny morning, M was running around the house like her usual banshee self, and I was cleaning up from breakfast. The tv was on in the playroom, and I could hear Dora singing something about going somewhere. It was a normal, peaceful morning. Then it suddenly took a turn for the dark side. I realized that M had been quiet for a few minutes, which is very abnormal for my kid. Her mouth runs a mile a minute, and the only time she isn't chattering is when she's meeting someone new, or when she's sleeping. Now, our house has a pretty open layout. From the kitchen I can peek around the corner and see all of the playroom. We normally hang out in there during the day, and I know that M is safe by herself if I need to be in the kitchen doing something. But the quietness had me concerned. Not for her safety, no, I was concerned that she was up to something. She may be adorable, but she's as sly as a fox. Do you need proof?

Completely Innocent

Pure Trouble

See what I mean? Anywhoodles, I knew something was up. So, I quietly snuck around the corner to peek in. I was not prepared for what greeted me. Apparently, M had pooped, pulled off her diaper, and decided to paint with it's contents. It was everywhere. All over her toys, all over the walls, all over the bay window, all over the couch, all over M, and even all over the dog. How she "painted" that much surface in a matter of a few minutes is beyond me. I shudder just thinking about it.

Once I got her cleaned up, which was harder than it looked, she was hungry (how she can eat at a time like that, I have no idea!), so I had to make her a quick lunch and let her eat while I bathed the dog. Nap time is right after lunch, so I knew I'd be able to clean the playroom while she napped. This gave the "paint" about an hour or so to... dry. Which is disgusting all on it's own.

After I got M down for her nap, I went back to survey the damage again.... Believe me when I say that anything she could touch, she did. So, I set out to clean it all up. Stuffed animals went into the hot cycle in the washing machine, the couch and walls were scrubbed with vinegar and water, and anything that had a hard, non-porous surface was scrubbed with bleach water. Nearly three hours after starting, the playroom was clean again.

After that ultimate messy moment, I've learned my lesson. I go running if M gets quiet while I'm in the other room, and we've bought a potty watch to work on the potty training.

Parenthood is full of messy moments, but I pray that I never have one that messy again!!


Photobucket
 
I received information about Clorox’s Bleach It Away campaign and am sharing my messy moment for the chance to win prizes from The SITS Girls. To learn more about the messy moment program, check out www.BleachItAway.com. Sharing your story on the Clorox fan page gets you entered for the chance to win $25,000 and daily prizes, and you can grab a coupon for Clorox® Regular Bleach.

7 comments:

brandy-son Zen master flash said...

I did this exact thing when I was her age. My mon loves telling the story.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh. I'm officially terrified of my unborn child.

Meg O. said...

Oh my goodness. I am echoing Heather's sentiments. SERIOUSLY.

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover