Friday, March 30, 2012

My Love Affair

Y'all, I have a confession to make. I'm in love with someone other than my husband. Her (yes, her!) name is....

 
{New York, New York, the electric city...}
 
I'm obsessed. Ever since I started watching Smash (ohmygahsogood!), I just can't get enough!! I daydream about going to see her (what? Aren't all cities considered women??), I google pictures of her while I'm at work, I sing songs about her. Yup, it's pretty bad.
 
So, I've decided that I need a trip to see my new gal. Now, here's the thing, unless y'all are going to hold a fundraiser for me, there's no way I'm going any time soon, but I swear, I'll get there one day!! I may be 98 years old with one foot in the grave, but I swear I will!! But, in the mean time, I have to settle for drooling over her gorgeous photos, reading articles about things to do while I'm there, writing love letters to her on my blog, and watching this:
 


{All I ate today was a bagel...}

Anynewyorker, I'm compiling a list of things to do once I get there. Number one on the list?

The Whispering Corner at Grand Central Station

Let's forget for one second that when you're standing in this corner, it looks like you're... relieving yourself, m'kay? Other than that little tidbit, the whole being able to whisper across the room to someone is so utterly romantic to me. This is definitely the first stop.

Then, we'll head over to

Top of the Rock

The views from the observation deck of  the Rockefeller Center are absolutely stunning. So what if I'm afraid of heights, we'll handle that once we get there!

Then, we'll grab some type of street food, and swing by

Central Park

We'll visit Strawberry Fields, the Central Park Zoo, and the Shakespeare Garden, then call it a day and head back to the hotel.

So, there you have it, that's my plan for my first day in my new favorite city. Have you ever been? Do you wanna go? What's something you'd want to see?

I hope you all have fabulous weekends! There won't be a Saturday Sensationals tomorrow because I've hardly spent any time on the internet this week, but be sure and come back on Monday to meet some really special ladies!! X's and O's, my darlings!

Photobucket
 
 

14 comments:

Kori Donahue said...

I love this post honey! I was in NYC for the first time last summer and am hoping to get back in August for BlogHer. It's fabulous and magical at the same time! Hope you get a chance to come by and check out my new blog look! Have a great day darling! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Becky said...

I love LOVED NYC! We went last year and I have some posts up you might like to see if you want. Some pics of the city.

http://www.terenceandbecky.com/2011/03/new-york-days-2-3.html

LWLH said...

I went there for the first time at Christmas and I'm pumped to be heading back there in August for BlogHer.

Maybe I'll be able to go to some of those since I couldn't the last time.

Kendra said...

I don't live far from there so I've been there often. I love everything. I've done all the touristy things, so now when I go, I get fake LV bags and shop!

Kindra said...

You must go to Central Park!!!!! And the Top of The Rock is awesome!! Love that city! Would love to move there :)

Amber said...

Take me with you!!!

Marci @ a smile a day said...

I've never been to NY but am dying to go, especially now haha. I have never heard of the whispering corner, that's so cool!! Fellow Texan & Texas country music lover right here :) new follower!!

Meghan said...

Are we meant to be friends? Because I look for NYC apartments for fun. Even though I live in Chicago. I AM OBSESSED with NYC, and I, too, love SMASH! Such a great post!

Brittany said...

We will go to NYC someday! And it will be fabulous :) Let's go to Chicago too! Maybe for St. Patrick's Day :)

Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you're looking for a article author for your site. You have some really good posts and I think I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love
to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine.

Please shoot me an email if interested. Thank you!



My web blog ... vakantiehuisjes frankrijk

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover