Wednesday, March 7, 2012

On Life With a Toddler


Y'all? Two year olds are fun. And tiring. And dramatic. But, mostly fun.

Back in January, when M turned two, I had a bit of a breakdown. How could my teeny tiny baby have grown up so fast!? It's like she's practically an adult!! I cried for two days straight and may or may not have drowned my sorrows in a pint or two of Blue Bell. And then I was all, "buck up, J, and make the best of it!"

So, I changed my snot and tear stained shirt (ew) and went to play with my teenager two year old.

And, y'all? I realized that this stage is awesome!

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying my child doesn't suffer from the terrible twos every now and then, because, whoa, Nelly, believe me, girlfriend can throw a fit! I mean, full out, "fall on the floor, scream your lungs out, and spin your head around" kind of fit.

But, then she makes up for it with snuggles and cuteness. And funnies. Oh, man, is she a funny one!! Her personality is getting greater by the day, and it's so exciting to watch her learn and grow, and become her own little person. From potty training to learning how to ride her tricycle (she rocked both of those!), her little brain is just absorbing so much information. And it all amazes her so much. My heart swells with pride and excitement every time she sees something new. Her little eyes open as wide as saucers, and she lets out a tiny "Wooooowwww!" I never knew I'd be so in love with motherhood. I mean, I knew I'd love it, but I never knew this was secretly was I was meant to do with my life. She is, and always will be my greatest accomplishment.

OK, enough with the sappies, let me share with y'all some of my favorite M things and sayings.

Lately she's picked up this thing where she walks up to me whenever she's leaving the room, and says, "Be back, mommy, ok?" and she puts her little finger up like she's telling me one minute, and her voice gets a little higher when she says "ok". And then I giggle and die from cuteness.

She's also picked up a bit of an attitude. For instance, I'll ask her to put her toys away, and she does the "oooookaaaaaay" and does her version of rolling her eyes. Or she says "Whateverrrrrr, man". Not sure where she got that one. Or the one where she says "Oh, gawwwd" whenever she's annoyed. Full out thirteen year old sass, y'all. And I can't help but find it adorable.

Then there's Drill Sergeant M. She comes around whenever we take the dogs out in the yard. There's no chance of our dogs getting too close to the road, because little miss thang stands in the middle of the yard with her hands on her hips and yells, "Nonie Bug, get o'er here, NOOOOOW!" Or, "Ixie, 'ere are you!?" which translates to "Dixie, where are you!?"

And, finally, there's Rock Star M. She comes around at least once a day, and brings Rock Star Elmo with her. They set up their instruments in the living room and play a free show for us locals, complete with drums, a microphone, and a tambourine. And she throws in a little "Rock and roll, babeh!" at the end of every show.

There is never a dull day in our house. Even on days when she's sick, she still keeps a smile on her face and radiates happiness. My life is so much greater with her in it. I can actually say my life is complete. And, I've come to realize, that no matter how big she gets, no matter her age, she'll always be my little girl.

Photobucket

8 comments:

Kendra said...

oh man, she sounds adorable. You are truly blessed. I want tickets to her rockstar show too!

Meagan said...

Aw! I try to cherish whatever stage we are in but you know when you secretly wish for them to grow up a little too? You make the 2's sound not so terrible!

B said...

I love this age, too! Ava can also throw a fit like nobody's business, but most of the time, she's straight adorable. The more she talks and can express what's going on in that spunky little head of hers, the more I love it!

LWLH said...

She sounds precious J, so glad you have such a sweet and sassy little girl :)

Lacey_Renea said...

You've been given the 'Liebster Blog Award!' I'm serious! Go here for all the details :)

http://andtheycallmemommy.blogspot.com/2012/04/blog-award-me.html

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

Pin It button on image hover