Friday, June 1, 2012

Five Things on Friday


{via}

(This post is inspired by Lauren from Texas, because she's wonderful and has the bestest ideas.)

{1} How is is June already? Seriously, how!? It feels like I fell asleep in February, and woke up in June. It's ridic.

{2} The Hubs has taken vacation time this weekend, and we actually get to go on a date tomorrow night!! I plan on getting all fancy schmancy and looking hawt for mah man. Whatever that means.

{3} This weekend also brings M's cousin's 2nd birthday party, which has a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme. One of our most favorite boutiques, of a feather, made M the most adorable Minnie Mouse applique shirt that I can't wait for her to wear. It's quite possible that I'm more excited than she is. If you haven't heard of of a feather, you should get your rear in gear and check out their stuff! (Here's an insider tip, I'm teaming up with them later in the summer for a giveaway!!)

{4} As of last night, this little blog of mine has 166 followers. I can't even wrap my head around that! Thank y'all, all of y'all, for being so amazing! I adore each and every one of y'all!! Y'all have listened to me moan and groan, and have been so supportive to me when I've been down. Y'all have stuck through the dry spells when I didn't have anything to say, and I appreciate it so very, very, much. I'm so glad I've been able to build this little corner of mine in the great big interwebz universe, and I'm even more glad that y'all have been here to read all about it! I seriously love my readers! And yes, I love y'all newbies already!!
(side note: jeez, could I get more Southern!? I think there were at least 42 "y'all's" in that last paragraph! Sorry I'm not sorry!)

{5} Last, but certainly not least, we have started chipping away at our Summer Bucket List!! Day before yesterday, B brought home a $10 slip 'n' slide, and we promptly set that sucker up on our front yard. Boy was it an experience! By the end of our outdoor play time, I was sunburned and covered in ant bites. But M had a blast! It took a bit of coercing, and maybe a bit of bribing, but we finally got her to play on it. Granted, she never really slipped or slid, but she did sit in the little "water catcher" at the end, and by the time we were finished, we had her crawling down the slide. Baby steps, y'all, baby steps. And we learned the very valuable lesson that fun doesn't have to be expensive! So, to start your weekend off right, here are some adorable photos of M checking her first item off of the Summer Bucket List! (There's 12 of them, I couldn't pick my favorites!)

This was the location I set it up in. B wasn't happy with the placement because it wasn't "downhill enough". Excuse me, Mr. Perfection. M is very cautiously checking this thing over. The pool hadn't filled with water yet and she kept putting the boogie board there like it was a docking station. She wasn't quite sold on it.

Waiting on Mr. Perfection Daddy to move the slide! So asided by now!!

"Alright, let's test out this bad boy!"

Still unsure....

"Wait, let me step off a minute and look this over again..."

"OK, OK, enough with the cheering, I'll try it, jeez!"

"OHMYGOODNESS THERE'S A POOL DOWN HERE!!"

"ASDASHFALHFLASKFH!!!!!"


I think the slip 'n' slide won her over by the end of the day.

Obviously Nona was trying to keep M warm. At least that's what I like to think!

Happy weekend, Love Bugs!
(Come back tomorrow, I may actually have a Saturday Sensationals up!!)

8 comments:

kristy said...

i hope ya'll enjoy that hot date :D it's been so long for us i don't know if either of us knows what one is anymore LOL

LWLH said...

Woot! Woot! For hawt dates....have fun love. And M is seriously adorable. The last time I slip and slided I ended up with a slight concussion.

Laura Darling said...

I can't believe that it is June either! This year is FLYING by! Have a great weekend and have fun on your date!

English Anderson said...

Ha, that is so cute! Slip'n'slides are the best, and am very jealous you have one. Maybe I'll stop by to play with M :)

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover