Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cardboard Box Diet {week 1}

Look at me, being all productive and actually following through on my Cardboard Box Diet update!





{If you have no idea what I'm talking about, go here to find out all about it.}

This week has gone surprisingly well, but partly because I had West Nile Virus some type of virus, and thought I was dying, which led to me not eating junk food. I pretty much lived off of saltine crackers and ginger ale for the past two days. Alright, let's get down to the update, shall we?

  • Weigh-In: I'm down 9 pounds since last Friday!! Woot woot!! Though, that's partly because of the Ebola virus, because 5 pounds were lost between Tuesday and Wednesday mornings alone. Virus Weight Loss FTW!! 
  • Exercise Completed: On Saturday and Sunday I put M in her stroller and walked a couple of miles, and then on Tuesday (before I took to my deathbed) we hit the city pool and swam for awhile. I'm not exercising as much as I'd like to, so I plan on stepping that up this next week. 
  • Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: Sweet tea!! I'm having the hardest time watching how much I'm drinking. I mean, I live in the South, sweet tea is like water to us!
  • Success Story: I have managed not to consume the entire jumbo bag of M&Ms that B brought home on Sunday. It's sitting in a candy dish on our bar, and I'm tempted to grab a few every time I walk by it, but I've resisted the urge most of the time.
  • Recipes: On Sunday I browned some ground turkey and made burritos. Instead of tortillas, I opted for lettuce as a wrap, and topped it with fat free refried beans, turkey, shredded cheese, and picante sauce. I had three wraps, and it was only 361 calories. They were surprisingly filling and really good!
  • Photos: Since I have to photos of my food, I figured I'd post a couple of the photos that have motivated me this week.
































So, that's it. There's my first week! Anyone have any tips or tricks for me? Is anyone else doing the #cbdiet? If you are, let me know! And if you're on MyFitnessPal, you can add me as your friend if you like (ohheyitsj)! (While you're at it, follow me on twitter and facebook if you don't already!)

Have a good Thursday, love bugs!

14 comments:

Sarah Evans said...

Good for you chuck!! I hope it continues.

(Without the illness thingy obviously!)

I am aiming to lose some more weight over the next few months too.

Sarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/

LfT said...

Love your inspirational photos! And GOOD JOB on avoiding the M&Ms. You're a better woman than I. Also? I want that virus. ;)

B said...

There must be something going around, because I've been down and out with a bottle of ginger ale nearby, too. Great job, though - 9 lbs in a week?! I'd kill for that type of loss :)

I'll have to make those wraps sometime - 3 for 361 calories? Wow! That could feed my hearty appetite without it being thousands of calories consumed! Miracle!

Do you like sweet tea made with splenda instead? I think it's great, but some ppl are artificial sweetener adverse. Not me, though!

skye @ neathering our fest said...

Okay first of all YAY FOR TEXAS GALS! Your blog steals my heart because you have a big ol' Texas smack dab in the header and I love it! I'm from East Texas (currently in LA) but I'm getting back as soon as I can!!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! I'm impressed that you've left the M&Ms alone. Those are one of my weaknesses for sure!

-Emily- said...

Sometimes I wish to get sick so I can lose some weight....then it happens...and I change my mind! Love your blog it's too cute! Now following you on FB!

Amanda said...

oh my gosh, the sweet tea. one of the best things about moving to the south!!
Have you ever seen The Devil Wears Prada? Your post reminded me of Emily saying she was one stomach flu away from her goal weight. Not good, but a little funny :)

Stephany said...

Oh, the stomach flu diet. One of the best/worst ways to lose weight! Not fun, though. But yay! 9 pounds! Heh.

Tabaitha said...

Sucks about the virus. Glad you are feeling better. I loved the inspirational photos. I have a stash that I look at when I don't feel motivated to get my butt in gear.

English Anderson said...

Although catching a virus like that completely blows, it kind of feels nice to lose all that weight so quickly, ya? It's so awesome that you're doing so well, and seeing results so fast. Will definitely be joining you on this!

LWLH said...

Congrats girl, even if it was due to some sickness (boo!!)

I def. need to start losing some weight after this cruise.

Nichole said...

Nice job on the weight loss...stinks that you were sick but the -9 felt good I'm sure!

Love your quotes!

Jill said...

Yuck on being sick....but I guess the weight loss is an added bonus! Hope you're feeling on the up and up soon! I guess I should consider myself lucky. As a fellow Southerner, I've never liked sweet tea.

Heather said...

Just found your blog from the Southern Blogger link up!! I really need to get re-motivated and get back on MyFitnessPal.

Definitely following you now!

-Heather
keepthefaithandlove.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

I'm sorry you were sick but YAY for the weight loss!! That is so awesome!! I'm not doing the same diet that you're doing, but I always find that I'm more successful when I write everything down and plan out my meals and when I'm going to work out in advance.

Keep kickin' butt, chica!! xo

Pin It button on image hover