Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cardboard Box Diet {week 2}

If you've never heard of the Cardboard Diet (or #cbdiet), go here to get all the details!



Y'all, week two of the Cardboard Diet didn't treat me very well. Once I was over that nasty little virus I had last week, and was actually able to eat food again, I gained 2 pounds back. But! At least that was it, no more than the 2 pounds, which I count as a win!
  • Weigh-In: After I gained those pesky two pounds back, I maintained my weight from Friday through Monday, which was pretty frustrating, but seeing as how I was.... emotional, bloated, and in "EAT ALL THE SWEET THINGS" mode... I'm claiming that as a win too. I haven't weighed in since Monday because we've been at my mom's and she doesn't have a scale. I'm calling this vacation.
  • Exercise Completed: We hit the pool and swam on Friday, then it rained all weekend, so we were stuck in the house, but we dusted off the old Wii and got busy. Between Wii tennis and bowling, I burned a whole lotta calories. FYI: 55 minutes of Wii tennis burns 412 calories. 75 minutes burns 562. Two days of Wii tennis makes you feel like you've been hit by a Mack truck. It's definitely a workout.
  • Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: Um, yeah, I had a mini Dairy Queen Oreo Cheesequake blizzard on Tuesday. It was worth every calorie. All 380 of them. Then I had a chopped beef sandwich yesterday. Like I said, I'm on vacation. I'm terrified of stepping on the scale once I get back home.
  • Success Story: Does it count that I've tried to stay under my calorie intake each day I've been at my mom's? Oh, and I passed up a seriously delicious looking chili dog for lunch. That's a win, right?
  • Recipes: The first night we were here my mom made Skillet Steak and Onions from Skinnytaste. Holy cannoli, it was good! Plus, it was only 95 calories for a 1/2 cup serving. Make this, pronto! Also, on Sunday I wanted a quick lunch, and didn't feel like cooking much, so I warmed up some canned chicken and a can of fat free refried beans, mixed it up with some salsa and lettuce, and chowed down. Extremely good and 220 per bowl. Confession: I ate two bowls!
  • Photos
Breakfast: Three egg whites, salsa, and a kiwi.

One hour of Wii tennis will make you extremely red faced.

 
B even got in on the Wii action. He's the baseball champ.

My second week wasn't as good as my first week, but I'm going home today, so I plan on getting back into my routine and kicking some serious tail. I'm definitely more motivated than I ever have been before, and I feel like this time, I'm going to be successful. Hopefully I don't eat my foods and give into the ice cream craving I'm having right now!

Have a good Thursday, m'dears! And if you're joining us on the #cbdiet, or if you're on MyFitnessPal, let me know!! I'd love to follow along!

14 comments:

Boo's Basket said...

Love your blog and so happy to find another Texan blogger. Can't wait to join in on the fun next Tuesday. Ride on over and say howdy

xo~Sylvia
http://boosbasket.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Wii tennis is hard! I don't have a Wii anymore, but I also remember the boxing being killer, ack! After being sick, you've gotta ease back into this, so don't be so hard on yourself :)

Makaila said...

hey girl, kuddos to breaking out the wii and getting some cardio in!!

Maintaining is AWESOME. I count it a win! So much better than gaining, right?!

Stephany said...

I've only played on a Wii once and I remember there was a canoe game? Or something. HOLY CRAP DOES IT WORK OUT YOUR CORE. My abs were KILLING me for days on end after I did that for just 20 minutes! I remember the tennis being a good one, too. You could probably get a full-body workout from the Wii! Ha.

Good job this week! That Blizzard sounds soooo yummy!

Tabaitha said...

You seriously can get a workout with almost any of the Wii sports games. I break a sweat everytime I do Just Dance with my kids.

skye @ neathering our fest said...

I've always wanted to work out on the wii! Hubs and I will have to sneak up to the church and use the one up there! ;)

I think you did great - vacations are SO hard for me. I like to eat - that is the best part of the vacation for me. I always look forward to eating at new restaurants and stuff - so the fact that you were on vacation and at least made a conscious effort is awesome!

Holly said...

I'm THE CHAMP at Wii bowling!!!

Amanda said...

It can be really hard to stick to a lifestyle change when you're out of your element. Add in being sick, and I think you should count each and every success, no matter how small it seems! My roommate has a Wii (and Wii Fit I think) but I don't think it has been played once in the 7 months I've lived here. Maybe I'll have to try it, ha!

Lauren from Texas said...

I am dying to try that skillet steak recipe!

And I had NO idea Wii Tennis could burn so many calories!

joni taylor said...

I just started doing the Cardboard Box diet posting this week....love the blog

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover