Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cardboard Box Diet {week 3}

No, I'm not eating cardboard, if you don't know what I'm talking about, go here to find out! 


I am happy to say that the third week of the cardboard box diet didn't treat me all that badly, despite the fact that I didn't eat that well! There was only one day that I went over my calorie intake, and it wasn't by much. So, let's get down to the details, shall we?
  • Weigh-In: Last week I was at my mom's, so I wasn't able to weigh in. I'm extremely pleased to tell y'all that when I weighed Friday morning, I was down a couple of pounds! I'm writing this on Wednesday night, and as of right now I'm down a pound from last Friday. I'll update this once I weigh in on Thursday morning. I know a pound isn't much, but it's at least something.
  • Exercise Completed: Mostly Wii tennis, boxing, and baseball. We did get a treadmill this week, and I walked on it once for a bit, but it's not the same as walking outdoors, which I love. Even if I am dying of a heat stroke by the time I make it back home.
  • Splurge/Guilty Pleasure: Ugh, my whole weekend was a splurge. Friday night B and I went to see the new Spiderman movie (side note: if you haven't seen it, do so immediately. Also? Helllloooooo, Andrew Garfield!) and I had a soft pretzel with cheese and a box of Raisinettes, but I did stick to drinking water! Then we headed over to Brenham for the Hot Nights Cool Tunes concert, and I shared some cotton candy with M. But I stuck to drinking water!! Then on Monday I had some ice cream at work, but we're not talking about that.
  • Success Story: Despite my not so healthy weekend, I still managed to lose a pound. And I'm drinking a whole lot of water, which is apparently a good thing. It's funny because despite only losing 9 pounds all together (so far!), I see a change in myself. My clothes fit differently, and I have more confidence. Plus, eating healthier is starting to get easier. I'm making better food choices without even having to think about it. I have more energy, and I feel better overall. I wonder what it's going to be like when I hit 20 pounds!?
  • Recipes: I don't really have any recipes this week. I made stuffed peppers last night with ground turkey, Spanish rice, and a bit of cheese. One pepper was 271 calories, and I served it with Bush's Best Grillin' Beans. It was delicious! (If you want the recipe, let me know in the comments and I'll email it to you. It's easy peasy!)
  • Photos: I had no food or lovely red faced photos this week, so I'm back to motivational photos. Y'all are ok with that, right?

That's it m'dears. That's week 3. Not the greatest, but at least there was progress! If you're joining in, let me know! I'm using MyFitnessPal, and you're more than welcome to add me there if you're using it too! 

Have a fabulous Thursday, lovelies!

{P.S. you may want to swing by tomorrow, there may or may not be a giveaway going on!}

14 comments:

joni taylor said...

1 pound is still 1 pound...I didn't even manage that this week

Jules said...

I will have to look into the Cardboard Box Diet...I have never heard of it. But kudos on the 9 pounds that is definitely an accomplishment!

I love your blog and have nominated you for a blog award! Congratulations and please check out the post when you have a chance:

http://jules-beautifulday.blogspot.com/2012/07/blog-award-x-three.html#links

applesandglue said...

Yay, way to go! I'm with you, I would've had a hard time resisting cotton candy lol

Melonie said...

So happy for you! Drinking water is a big challenge for me. I was using Mio in it then found out how bad Mio's was. Keep up the good work!

Viv @ vivikare.com said...

One pound is great, and 9 pounds definitely make a difference!

Stopping by from the CBdiet, I just joined last week!

Amanda said...

It's amazing the little motivation burst you get when you start SEEING results in your body, not just on the scale! Every little pound makes a difference :) Good for you for making good choices! Drinking more water definitely helps, not just in keeping you healthy and hydrated, but also in helping you feel fuller!

LfT said...

Woohoo, a pound! And hello, soft pretzels? I'm weak in the knees just thinking about it. ;)

LWLH said...

A pounds is a pound, they'll all start adding up.

Nichole said...

Nice job on the weight loss this week! :o)

I like your motivational pics.

Have a great week!!

skye @ neathering our fest said...

water water water water water. i drank so much alcohol this weekend that my body is CRAVING water which is a completely foreign feeling to me! i've been chugging it!! :) congrats on the successful week girl! xoxo

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover