Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Writing Down My Story

Hello m'dears! I have to apologize for being MIA the last week, between a sick kiddo, being covered in poison ivy, and my internet being out for almost two days, this week has been a bit hectic. But, M is better, the internet is back, and even though I'm still itchy as all get out, I'm back to blogging!

Today I wanted to share something very special with you. I was recently contacted by Katie from Making This Home about the journals that she makes. She owns Gadanke, a handcrafted journal shop. She asked if I would like a journal of my own. Now, here's the thing, I believe in fate. I believe everything happens for a reason, and at the exact time it's supposed to happen. I used to love journaling, in fact, I still do, I just haven't been doing it lately. Life kind of got in the way. But, a few days before Katie contacted me, I was researching my family line, and wishing I knew more about my ancestors. My great grandmother was a published author, yet all I know about her are her books. I know nothing about her life. I started to think that maybe I should start journaling again, so M would have a way of remembering me, and she could pass it on to her children and grandchildren. And then I got the email from Katie, and I knew it was fate. 

See, Katie has a very similar story. This is her's:

A couple of years ago, NPR's StoryCorp was in town. It was also my grandma's 90th birthday. The two of us decided to hop into the recording studio to capture some pieces of her story. I had all sorts of prompts to help her. The only problem? My grandma couldn't remember. Too much time had passed. Later, my dad turned to me and said, "Katie, I need you to write down your story." I knew he wished he had his mom's stories. So I started writing.

I started wondering about all of the other women who have stories deep inside of them. Gadanke was born with fabulous writing prompts and recycled papers.

So after reading her email, I clicked over to her shop to check out her journals. Y'all? I immediately fell in love. First of all, Gandanke's motto is "celebrate your story!" I love that. Secondly, there's everything from baby books, to prayer journals, to travel books, to diaries. The journals are filled with creative writing prompts and tidbits to make you think (and laugh!) and make your writing process more meaningful and fun! Plus they're totally eco-savvy with 100% recycled papers. You know I'm all about going green! They're a perfect way of documenting who you are and what you crave and believe.

I sent Katie an email back, and told her I'd love to tell my readers all about her journals. She emailed back and within a few days, I received my very own journal. I went with the She 1.1 in turquoise, and it's so..... me. It just fits, you know?


I love the inscription on the front!

I am already yearning for more journals! I'm thinking I need the Seeking Grace prayer journal (It would go hand in hand with She Reads Truth!),

the Become journal (a journal for finding your direction), 

and the Love Letter (a minibook for someone you love).

But until my new journals come in, you can find me writing away in my She journal!

You can find out more about Katie's story over at her blog, or you can catch her on twitter, facebook, or pinterest. She's also offering a discount code for y'all!! Use code 

OHHEYSUMMER10

for 10% off your order through next Wednesday! Trust me, you definitely want one of these journals!! 

Happy Wednesday, my loves, I hope y'all are having great ones!!

I received a free She 1.1 journal in exchange for this review, but, as always, all opinions are my own. I wouldn't tell y'all I loved something if I really didn't!

8 comments:

Joyness Sparkles said...

I love this and I agree! My mother passed away several years ago and she did not keep a journal. I have a small box that I keep every scrap I could find with her handwriting...notes, cards, even a couple of grocery lists. I too am working on writing for my children. :)

Boo's Basket said...

I love it...just bought 3 prayer journals - one for me and one for each of my daughter-n-laws!
Thanks..

GiGi Cagle said...

Oh the stories I can write! I love this...
Thank you for highlighting Katie and her wonder journal's.

LWLH said...

I would have plenty of stories to document.

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover