Thursday, October 25, 2012

How Do You Make Friends?

Y'all, life is hard when you're an adult. Between bills, busy schedules, and stress, life gets hectic. Life is so much easier when you're a kid.

Know what else is easier? Making friends. Remember in kindergarten when you met another kid, and you were all, "Oh yeah, you like Darkwing Duck and collect Trolls too? Let's be friends!"



It was easy back then, now it's so much harder. See, here's the thing I have friends, I have amazing friends, but none that live within an hour of me. Here, in our tiny town, I really don't have a close friend. Which means M really has no friends. She has friends at school, but I don't know their parents, so she doesn't really have friends outside of school. And it's killing me that she doesn't have little besties, but ohmygosh, making friends with adults is hard!! I'm no good at striking up conversations, and I'm worse at small talk. So, when we go to play dates, M plays with the other kids, and I pretty much sit there.

What am I supposed to do!? How do you make friends as an adult? It's not like when we were kids, you can't be all, "Oh yeah, you like cupcakes and wine too? Let's be friends!" How do y'all do it? I know there's got to be an easier way, right?? Do y'all have any tips for our next play date? Are there enough questions in this post???? Seriously though, how is it done? Because if I don't make friends with some parents soon, M's going to end up being one of those women who lives with her parents and still plays with dolls at 31. No one likes those people.

{Image via}

9 comments:

Paige said...

Ahh I feel the same way! It seems impossible to make friends! It's even more impossible to transition "work" or "School" friends to "real life" friends! I don't get it.

It's like everyone already has their own little group and they don't want to let anyone in!

Courtney M said...

If a woman ever came up to me and said "Hi! You like wine & cupcakes?" I would TOTALLY want to be her friend!!

I definitely agree it's hard to make friends. I feel like I have groups of friends, high school, college, work, Ryan's friends, etc...

Joyness Sparkles said...

I do not have anyone that I would call a friend. A friend is someone who gives back and understands that any relationship is 50/50. I have aquaintences who appreciate my hard work for showers, needing a shoulder to cry on, love when I help them do anything, but it is never returned when I need it, so I don't call them friends. Not only that, but also in conversation. If they can voice all of their opinions in conversation, I would like to voice mine without criticism for not agreeing with everything they say. I have yet to meet those people. I am sure they are out there somewhere, but have yet to find any in Texas.

LWLH said...

I agree with Courtney....if someone came up and told me they loved 'cupcakes and wine' I would totally wife her up as my BFF!! :)

robin griner said...

Well if you ever in the spring tx area we should totally have a play date, I'll bring the cupcakes!! :-) I know just what you mean me and my daughters don't have any friends outside of school.

oakleyses said...

polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, coach factory outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, air max, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, longchamp outlet, nike shoes, michael kors outlet, nike free, louis vuitton handbags, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, louis vuitton outlet stores, longchamp handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, burberry outlet, burberry outlet, coach outlet, prada handbags, louboutin, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, kate spade handbags, chanel handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

nike huarache, sac hermes, louis vuitton, nike trainers, sac louis vuitton, vans pas cher, ralph lauren, true religion outlet, air jordan, longchamp, hollister, air max pas cher, sac longchamp, north face, air max, barbour, sac burberry, mulberry, air max, michael kors pas cher, hogan outlet, vanessa bruno, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, nike air max, louboutin, michael kors, north face, nike blazer, ray ban pas cher, louis vuitton uk, michael kors, nike tn, true religion outlet, longchamp, timberland, nike free pas cher, converse pas cher, sac guess, ray ban sunglasses, new balance pas cher, hollister, lululemon outlet online, nike roshe run, abercrombie and fitch, air force, sac louis vuitton, nike free, nike roshe, oakley pas cher

oakleyses said...

uggs outlet, mac cosmetics, celine handbags, instyler, canada goose, reebok outlet, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, canada goose, north face jackets, rolex watches, vans shoes, insanity workout, giuseppe zanotti, ugg boots, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, herve leger, hollister, babyliss pro, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, moncler, canada goose outlet, ugg, lululemon outlet, canada goose, ugg boots clearance, ugg boots, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg australia, mont blanc, new balance shoes, valentino shoes, jimmy choo outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose uk, bottega veneta, p90x, asics running shoes, nike roshe run, ferragamo shoes, uggs, marc jacobs, ghd

oakleyses said...

supra shoes, pandora charms, wedding dresses, toms shoes, swarovski crystal, air max, montre homme, iphone 6 cases, oakley, hollister, converse, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, coach outlet store online, air max, ralph lauren, lancel, converse shoes, moncler, louboutin, timberland boots, baseball bats, canada goose, pandora jewelry, hollister, ray ban, moncler outlet, pandora charms, links of london, moncler, parajumpers, ugg, moncler, moncler, juicy couture outlet, karen millen, ugg, swarovski, hollister clothing store, moncler, rolex watches, gucci, vans, thomas sabo

Pin It button on image hover