So, I had to find the best products to keep my porcelain skin healthy. After trying many, many, many products, I've narrowed it down a few things that work perfect for me. And since summer is on it's way, I figured I'd share my favorites with y'all!
1) Nectar Sunglasses in Shred. You've got to keep those sunnies on to prevent crow's feet! I love my Nectars, they're great glasses, they're cute, and at $13, they're insanely affordable!
2) mark. Get a Tint Tinted Moisturizer Lotion SPF 15. I've been wearing this for the last 2 or 3 years now, and I swear by it. In the summer I don't like to wear foundation, so I slather on some tinted moisturizer and I'm good to go! There are 7 different color options in the Get a Tint line, and it's got SPF 15 in it, so you've got protection from the sun also.
3) Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Rose. This comes with a bit of a hefty price tag, because the tube isn't that large, but it's well worth the $22. A lot of women slather on the sunscreen, but forget that lips are susceptible to skin cancer also. This smells delicious, goes on smooth, isn't too heavy, and the Rose tint is the perfect color!
4) Hats, hats, hats!! Hats keep your scalp, your face, and if it's big enough, your neck shaded from the sun. Straw is a good idea, since it's not as hot. You could go with a fedora, or a large brimmed sunhat. Or, if you're like me, and you love a little monogram, you could go with a ball cap with your lovely initials embroidered on it! (not pictured)
5) California Baby SPF 30+ Sunblock Stick. Yes, I believe that technically this was originally made for kids, but it's great even for adults. It's PABA free, non-chemical, fragrance-free, and it glides on smoothly. I like a stick sunscreen better than a lotion or spray for your face, simply because I feel like a stick gives you better protection because it gets down in the creases of your face. No, that's not scientific, but that's my opinion.
6) Banana Boat Kids UltraMist Sunscreen SPF 110. Yes, another kid item. And yes, that says SPF 110. I told you I'm pasty white, which means I burn incredibly easy, so the higher the SPF, the better. I love this because it's a spray, so it goes on your body easily, and it's hypoallergenic and fragrance free. Plus, with a spray you can spray it on your scalp if you forgot your hat at home! The Banana Boat spray isn't greasy, so you don't look like you're walking around with dirty hair!
So there you have it, my loves. That's my formula for keeping my skin protected. If you do happen to burn, slather yourself with aloe as soon as you can, skip the scented lotions, as they could seal in the heat, drink plenty of water, take an aspirin, and if your skin starts to peel, leave it alone! Peeling dead skin could lead to scarring.
So the next time you're going out, even if you're just running errands, don't forget to protect your skin! And please, please, please, stay out of the tanning beds! If you must have a tan, stick to one from a bottle or spray gun!